Lester R. Brown
(Redirected from Lester Brown)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Lester R. Brown
- International Advisory Committee, Population Institute
- Editorial Board, Solutions Journal 
- Advisory Board, Population Media Center 
- Recipient of the 1989 Duke of Edinburgh Conservation Medal 
- Conservation Leader, Apply the Brakes 
- Messenger, 350.org 
- Winner of the 2005 Goi Peace Foundation Award 
- Winner of the 2009 Lindbergh Award 
- Founder, President and Senior Researcher, Earth Policy Institute
- Advisory Committee: Institute for International Economics
- Advisory Council: Environmental & Energy Study Institute
- Member: Cosmos Club
- Member: Council on Foreign Relations
- Board Member: Institute for Sustainable Development (Poland)
- Advisory Council: International Fund for Agricultural Research
- Vice Chairman: Advisory Comm. of the US-China Assoc. for Envir. Ed.
- Advisory Committee: Eco-Policy Center, Rutgers University
- Board of Advisors: International Fund for China's Environment
- Advisory Committee: United Nations Foundation
- Advisory Board, Environmental and Energy Study Institute 
- Advisory Board: Center for a New American Dream
- National Advisory Board: Population Connection
- Treasurer & Board Member: Farview Foundation
- Advisory Committee, Internews
- Advisory Council for Excellence in Environmental Engineering: [[Sierra Club
- Steering Committee, The Ecological Cities Project (Univ. of Massachusetts)
- Board of Patrons, International Network of Green Planners
- Advisory Board, Green House Network
- Fellow, World Business Academy
- Endorser, Restore the Earth proposal
- Member, Advisory Committee, Ecology Channel
- Director, Japan for Sustainability
- Honorary Advisor, The Institute for Environmental Culture (Japan)
- Advisor, Earth Focus, World Link TV's environmental news program
- Member, Advisory Board, The Race to Stop Global Warming
- Member, Global Advisory Board, The Globalist
- Member, Board of Directors, Habitat Media
- Advisory Council Member, Global Footprint Network
- International Advisory Panel, The Kyoto World Cities Challenge
- Friends of the Earth Advisory Board
- Global Advisory Committee, Earth Day Network 
- International Agricultural Analyst: U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Adviser to the Secretary: U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Administrator, International Agricultural Development Service
- Senior Fellow: Overseas Development Council
- Faculty Member, Salzburg Seminar in American Studies, 1971, 1974
- President, Worldwatch Institute (1974–2000)
Resources and articles
- Chris Williams, "Are there too many people? Population, hunger, and environmental degradation", ISR Issue 68, November–December 2009.
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ Solutions Journal Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed June 18, 2013.
- ↑ Advisory Board, Population Media Center, accessed September 16, 2008.
- ↑ Duke of Edinburgh Conservation Medal, WWF, accessed April 28, 2009.
- ↑ Leaders, Apply the Brakes, accessed September 13, 2010.
- ↑ Messengers, 350.org, accessed December 12, 2011.
- ↑ Goi Peace Award, Goi Peace Foundation, accessed December 16, 2011.
- ↑ Lindbergh Award, Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Foundation, accessed November 20, 2009.
- ↑ Advisory Board, Environmental and Energy Study Institute, accessed October 15, 2008.
- ↑ Earth Day Network Global Advisory Committee, organizational web page, accessed December 21, 2013.