|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
Articles and resources
Lord Turnbull is on the Board of Trustees of the Global Warming Policy Foundation In his own words : "Andrew Turnbull (Crossbench), Permanent Secretary, Environment Department,1994-98; Permanent Secretary to the Treasury 1998-2002, Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Home Civil Service 2002-05."  The website The Public Whip calculates that Lord Turnbull has voted strongly against the policy 'stop climate change' with a score of just 14.3% 
"Lord Turnbull has been an independent non-executive director of Prudential since May 2006. He joined the Risk Committee and the Remuneration Committee in November 2010, and became Chairman of the Remuneration Committee and a member of the Nomination Committee in June 2011. From January 2007 to November 2010 he was a member of the Audit Committee. He entered the House of Lords as a Life Peer in 2005. In 2002 he became Secretary of the Cabinet and Head of the Home Civil Service until he retired in 2005. Prior to that he held a number of positions in the Civil Service, including Permanent Secretary at HM Treasury; Permanent Secretary at the Department of the Environment (later Environment, Transport and the Regions); Private Secretary (Economics) to the Prime Minister; and Principal Private Secretary to Margaret Thatcher and then John Major. He joined HM Treasury in 1970. Lord Turnbull is Chairman of BH Global Limited and a non-executive director of Frontier Economics Limited and The British Land Company PLC, and was formerly a non-executive director of the Arup Group from 2006 to 2007. He also worked part-time as a Senior Adviser to the London partners of Booz and Co (UK) until February 2011."
Related SourceWatch articles
- House of Lords Profile page http://www.parliament.uk/biographies/andrew-turnbull/17325
- Lord Turnbull’s GWPF briefing paper ‘The really inconvenient truth’ suffers from basic factual inaccuracies http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2011/05/lord-turnbulls-gwpf-briefing-paper-suffers-from-basic-factual-inaccuracies
- Daily Mail reprints Lord Turnbull's scientific errors http://www.carbonbrief.org/blog/2011/06/daily-mail-reprints-turnbulls-innaccuracies
- Former Civil Service chief calls for climate shakeup http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/09/14/lord_turnbull_interview/
- Former Cabinet Secretary Questions Blind Faith In Climate Alarmism http://www.thegwpf.org/press-releases/3019-former-cabinet-secretary-questions-blind-faith-in-climate-alarmism.html
[[category: ]] add category tags, if you know them. you can also create them but please search first.