Luoyang Mengjin power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Luoyang Mengjin power station (神华国华洛阳孟津电厂二期) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Henan Province, China.
An additional 2,000 MW has been proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Mengjin County, Luoyang Prefecture, Henan Province.
Background on Plant
In March 2016 China's National Development and Reform Commission (NDRC) released guidelines for regulating coal power development to crack down on the severe and growing coal power overcapacity crisis. 13 provinces were told to suspend new approvals through 2017, including Henan. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guohua Mengjin Power
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Mengjin County, Luoyang Prefecture, Henan Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.8648266, 112.5307256 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1 & 2); Cancelled (Units 3 & 4)
- Gross capacity: 3,200 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW; Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- In service: 2011 (Units 1 & 2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "神华国华孟津发电有限责任公司昨日揭牌", 洛阳网, 2011-08-30
- "洛阳国华孟津电厂二期项目", 北京招标网, 2013-07-09
- "国华孟津电厂二期项目列入省电源点布局规划," www.mengjin.gov.cn, 2014-12-12
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017