Meda power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Meda power station is a proposed 770-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Tekirdağ province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of Tekirdağ, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Tekirdağ province.
Background on Plant
According to the Turkey EMRA (Energy Market Regulatory Authority), the project has been cancelled.
- Sponsor: Azrataş Elektrik Üretim
- Parent company:
- Location: Tekirdağ, Tekirdağ province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 40.972709, 27.876831 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 770 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Personal communication, Buket Atlı, Greenpeace Mediterranean, to Ted Nace, September 13, 2014
- Energy Market database, Turkey Energy Market Regulatory Authority, accessed May 2016