|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
MetLife, based in New York City, is one of the largest insurance companies in the U.S., its main subsidiary being Metropolitan Life Insurance Company. MetLife sells a range of insurance products: prepaid legal plans, annuities, auto insurance, disability income, home insurance, long-term care insurance, and it also does financial planning. Its international segment sells in the Asia/Pacific region, Europe, and Latin America.  
In 2006, sales were US$48.4 billion with profits of US$6.3 billion. 
Key executives and 2006 pay: 
- C. Robert Henrikson, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, $18,889,570
- Steven A. Kandarian, Chief Investment Officer
- William J. Wheeler, Chief Financial Officer, $3,899,966
Selected members of the Board of Directors: 
- Sylvia Mathews Burwell, President of the Global Development Program at The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Former Deputy Chief of Staff to President Bill Clinton
- R. Glenn Hubbard, Dean of the Graduate School of Business at Columbia University, Director of the Tax Policy Program for the American Enterprise Institute
- Helene L. Kaplan, Former Director of JPMorgan Chase & Co., Exxon Mobil Corporation, and Verizon Communications Inc.
- John M. Keane, Senior Advisor to Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Former Chief Operating Officer of the U.S. Army, Director of General Dynamics Corporation, Military contributor and analyst with ABC News and is a member of the United States Department of Defense Policy Board
- Hugh B. Price, Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institution, was a Senior Advisor to the law firm of DLA Piper, was President and Chief Executive Officer of the National Urban League, is a Director of Verizon Communications, Inc.
- William C. Steere, Jr., was Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of Pfizer Inc
200 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10166
- MetLife Profile, Hoovers, accessed December 2007.
- Home page, MetLife, accessed December 2007.
- 2006 PAC Summary Data, Open Secrets, accessed December 2007.
- Metropolitan Life lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed December 2007.
- Executive Officers, MetLife, accessed December 2007.
- C Robert Henrikson, Forbes, accessed December 2007.
- William J Wheeler, Forbes, accessed December 2007.
- Board of Directors, MetLife, accessed December 2007.
Related SourceWatch articles
<tdo>resource_id=27950 resource_code=metropolitan_lifeins search_term=Metropolitan Life Insurance</tdo>