Dr. Michael Pillsbury is "currently an Associate Fellow at the Institute for National Strategic Studies, National Defense University, where he is sponsored by Department of Defense Office of Net Assessment. 
"During the Reagan administration Dr. Pillsbury was the Assistant Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Planning; under President George Herbert Walker Bush he was Special Assistant for Asian Affairs in the Office of the Secretary of Defense, reporting to Andrew Marshall, Director of Net Assessment. Previously he served as a defense analyst for the RAND Corporation and on the staff of several U.S. Senate Committees.
"He has taught graduate courses in Chinese foreign policy at Georgetown University, UCLA, and USC. Dr. Pillsbury studied Mandarin Chinese for 2 years at the Stanford Center in Taipei, Taiwan, under a doctoral dissertation fellowship of the National Science Foundation. He earned a B.A. from Stanford University and a Ph.D. from Columbia University."
"Michael Pillsbury is currently an Associate Fellow at the Institute for National Strategic Studies, National Defense University, and a Senior Fellow at the Atlantic Council of the United States, where he is sponsored by the Office of Net Assessment, Department of Defense."
Michael Pillsbury is currently a Pentagon consultant.
- Network Member, Global Business Network
- "Michael Pillsbury's publications website".
- "Michael Pillsbury's personal website".
- "Dr Michael Pillsbury", U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission, undated, accessed July 2005.
- "Michael Pillsbury", Global Business Network, undated, accessed July 2005.
- "About the Author", Institute for National Strategic Studies, undated, accessed July 2005.