Na Duong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Vietnam and coal|
Na Dương power station is a 100-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Lạng Sơn province, Vietnam.
A second 110-MW unit is currently under development.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Na Dương township, Lộc Bình district, Lạng Sơn province.
Na Dương-1, a two-unit, 100-MW coal-fired power plant owned by Vinacomin, began construction in April 2002, and was completed in 2005. The mine-to-mouth plant uses coal from the nearby Na Dương coal mine.
As of early 2013, Vinacomin stated that Na Dương-2 is still part of their business plan, and again in January 2014. It is unclear whether this unit is still in development or under construction.
In October 2014, managers of the coal plant stated that they planned to start construction on the second phase by the end of 2015.
As of May 2017, Vinacomin had prepared the site for construction, and was reviewing applications for an engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract.
In September 2018 it was reported that development of the project had been further delayed while Vinacomin negotiated with Electricity of Vietnam (EVN) over electricity prices.
Project Details (for Phase 2 Expansion)
- Owner: Vinacomin
- Parent company:
- Location: Na Dương township, Lộc Bình district, Lạng Sơn province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 21.69829, 106.97604 (exact)
- Status: Permitted
- Gross Capacity: 100 MW existing (Na Dương-1 Units 1 & 2: 50 MW); 110 MW planned (Na Dương-2)
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service: 2019
- Coal Type: lignite
- Coal Source: Na Dương mine, Lạng Sơn province, Vietnam
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Duc Thao, Nguyen. Development Strategy and the Application of Circulating Fluidized Bed Combustion in Power Generation Projects of Vietnam National Coal Corporation (VINACOAL)," Electricity Supply Industry in Transition, Jan. 14-16, 2004, pp. 16/25-6.
- Vinacomin Signs MoU With Marubeni for Coal-Fired Power Plant, Unibros, Dec. 25, 2009.
- Coal Industry Takes Austerity Measures to Fulfill Plan, Vietnam Breaking News, July 11, 2013.
- Vinacomin to spend VND32 trillion on major projects in 2014, Vietmaz, 17 Jan. 2014.
- Giải phóng mặt bằng dự án NĐ Na Dương 2: Vẫn khó, Nangluong Vietnam, 9 Oct. 2014.
- "Work starts on 192-million-USD thermal power plant in Lang Son," Vietnam Plus, Oct 16, 2015
- Kiến nghị lựa chọn nhà thầu EPC Dự án nhiệt điện Na Dương 2, Nang Luong Viet Nam, 1 Jan. 2016.
- Tổng Công ty Điện lực - TKV triển khai nhiều dự án quan trọng, Vinacomin press release, 17 May 2017.
- Speeding up the progress of Na Duong II Thermal Power Project, Vinacomin, Sept. 18, 2018
- "Kiến nghị lựa chọn nhà thầu EPC Dự án nhiệt điện Na Dương 2," Nang Luong Viet Nam, 4 January 2016