Nador power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Morocco and coal|
Nador power station is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Nador province, Morocco.
The map below shows Nador, the proposed location for the plant.
Background on Plant
In March 2015, the Office National de l’Electricite et de l’Eau Potable (ONEE) issued a tender for the selection of the study consultant for a coal-fired power plant with a capacity of 1,320MW in Nador, Morocco. The project involves the construction of two power plant units with a capacity of 660MW each. ONEE planned to commence the construction activities by the first quarter of 2019 with scheduled completion in the year of 2023-2024.
However, there have been no developments since the announcement, and the project appears to be shelved.
- Sponsor: Office National de l'Electricité et de l'Eau Potable
- Parent company: ONEE
- Location: Nador city, Nador province, Morocco
- Coordinates: 35.166667, -2.933333 (approximate)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "ONEE – Nador Coal Fired Power Plant 1320 MW – Rif - Project Profile," Report Buyer, January 2018