Naren Karabiga power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Naren Karabiga power station is a proposed 1,960-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Çanakkale province, Turkey, by Naren Entegre Termik Santrali.
The map below shows the location of the plant, as shown in the Environmental Impact Assessment. It is located on the coast about 10 km northwest of Karabiga town.
Background on Plant
Naren Enerji Elektrik Üretim A.Ş. has proposed a coal-fired power station of 1960 MW (2 x 980 MW) in the town of Karabiga.
In 2016, several large wind turbines were erected on the site of proposed coal plant, as shown by archival satellite photos in Google Earth.
- Sponsor: Naren Enerji Elektrik Üretim A.Ş.
- Parent company:
- Location: Karabiga town, Çanakkale province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 40.4580657, 27.2549938 (exact)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Detailed status: No licenses or permits
- Gross capacity: 1,960 MW (2 x 980 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous (6,000 - 6,200 kcal/kg)
- Coal source: Imported
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "NAREN ENERJİ ELEKTRİK ÜRETİM A. Ş., 2 X (1000 MWm/980 MWe)NAREN ENTEGRE," EIA, 2014
- "Çanakkale Karabiga’ya bir termik santral daha geliyor," enerjigunlugu.net, 10/28/2014