National Foundation for Women Legislators
According to its website, The National Foundation for Women Legislators bills its mission as:
"The greatest rising force in American politics is not a political party, a lobbying community or an ethnic group. It is women. Thirty years ago, women held a mere four percent of all state legislative seats in the country: Today they hold twenty-two percent—1652 seats! They also hold three Governorships, 19 Lt. Governorships and 65 seats in the US Congress, including nine Senators and 56 Representatives. Women chair numerous committees, influence policy, pass legislation and determine the outcome of elections.
The Foundation intellectually equips sitting women legislators to mold public opinion and for the legislative debates in their respective state houses, senates and assemblies. As a non-profit 501c3, the National Foundation for Women Legislators (NFWL) does not take ideological positions on any current issue, but rather exists to assist women leaders in the process of legislative debate, networking, re-elections, public opinion molding and leadership.
The mission of the NFWL is to provide strategic resources to women leaders for leadership development and effective governance through conferences, effective seminars, issue education materials, professional and personal relationships, and networking at both the state and federal levels.
By sharing in the activities of the NFWL, you are joining thousands of women leaders from around the country as a member of the most credible team in politics who have dared to make a difference."
The National Foundation for Women Legislators
910 16th Street, Suite 100
Washington, DC 20006
Telephone: (202) 293-3040
Fax: (202) 293-5430
As of July 2007, their website lists the following staff:
- Robin Read, President & CEO
- Julie Swaney, Director of Public Policy & Operations
- Jennifer Rosen, Deputy Policy Director
- George Dorko, Legislative Liaison
- Katie Czaja, Marketing Coordinator
- Rebecca Hoover, Outreach Coordinator
- Dana Bernstein, International Program Coordinator
- Lisa Viscount, Board Liaison & Membership Coordinator
- Andrea Ward, Event & Scholarship Coordinator
- Kealan Cunningham, Policy Coordinator
- Sasha Losow, International Program Coordinator
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|