Norman Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture
The Norman Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture, named for Norman Borlaug, is an agency of Texas A&M AgriLife that "aims to be the leading international agriculture program among U.S. universities, measured by the quality of its international teaching, science and extension programs."
- "Building on Dr. Borlaug’s work, the Norman Borlaug Institute for International Agriculture at Texas A&M employs agricultural science to feed the world’s hungry, and to support equity, economic growth, quality of life, and mutual respect among peoples. Involvement and leadership in international agriculture are increasingly vital as interdependence grows among the world’s people. Our goal is to encourage and enable students, faculty, citizens and institutions to respond to opportunities in international agriculture."
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Norman Borlaug Institute, Accessed November 28, 2011.
- About the Institute, Accessed November 28, 2011.
- Tim Schilling, "GCQRI Mission to South Sudan confirms presence of wild arabica and potential for development," The Borlaug Institute, February 8, 2011.
- Paul Schattenberg, "AgriLife TODAY: Borlaug Institute assisting South Sudan through on-site agricultural support," The Borlaug Institute, November 23, 2011.