The Pacific Institute is an Oakland, California based think tank that concentrates on "issues at the intersection of development, environment, and security." According to its website it "works to create a healthier planet and sustainable communities. We conduct interdisciplinary research and partner with stakeholders to produce solutions that advance environmental protection, economic development, and social equity—in California, nationally, and internationally. 
- Pat Brenner, Director of Administration and Finance
- Shirley Brown, Office Manager
- Michael J. Cohen, Senior Research Associate
- Heather Cooleyv, Research Associate
- Dr. Peter H. Gleick, President
- Ian Hart, Director of Communications
- Emily Lee, Outreach Coordinator
- Mari Morikawa, Research Associate
- Jason Morrison, Program Director
- Meena Palaniappan, Program Director
- Dr. Gary Wolff, Principal Economist and Engineer
- Gigi Coe, Chairperson. Former Manager of Strategic Planning, Western Public Policy Group, MCI.
- Dr. Anne H. Ehrlich, Senior Research Associate, Department of Biological Sciences at Stanford University.
- Ashok Gadgil, Senior scientist with Lawrence Berkeley National Lab and inventor of UV Waterworks.
- Dr. Peter H. Gleick, President of the Pacific Institute for Studies in Development, Environment, and Security.
- Olivier J. Marie, business strategist, former partner at Accenture and Booz Allen & Hamilton, energy analyst. Works with MBA students from the Haas School of Business New Sector Alliance helping non-profit organizations.
- Jim Mayer, Project manager for the Little Hoover Commission, an independent and bipartisan state panel on efficiency and efficacy in state policy. Former senior environmental journalist, Sacramento Bee.
- Richard Morrison, former Senior Vice President and Director of Environmental Policies & Programs, Bank of America.
- Eric Sippel, Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel of Eastbourne Capital Management, L.L.C., an investment firm focusing on public securities. Prior to joining Eastbourne, Eric was a partner at the law firm of Shartsis, Friese & Ginsburg LLP.
- Professor Michael J. Watts, Professor, Geography Department at the University of California, Berkeley where he specializes in Third World development, forestry issues, and world geography.
- Ambassador Richard E. Benedick, Conservation Foundation/World Wildlife Fund, U.S. ozone treaty negotiator.
- Kelly Cash, Communications Director/West, The Nature Conservancy, Oakland, California.
- Chris Desser, Vice President for Marketing and Social Research, Muir Investment Trust, San Francisco, California. Ms. Desser was the Executive Director for the twentieth anniversary activities of Earth Day 1990.
- John Gamboa, Executive Director of Greenlining Institute, San Francisco, a non-profit coalition working to promote small, women-owned, and minority-owned business and economic opportunity for people of color.
- Dr. Deborah Jensen, President, Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle, Washington.
- Henry Izumizaki, Chief Strategist, Urban Strategies Council, Oakland.
- Dr. Michael F. Maniates, Associate Professor of Political Science and Environmental Science at Allegheny College, Pennsylvania.
- Steven Nightingale, Businessman, Reno, Nevada. Serves as a director of Center for Conservation Biology, Stanford, CA.
- Nancy Ramsey, President, Morningstar Imports, a small Sausalito-based company. Independent analyst on disarmament, security issues, and international telecommunications. Ms. Ramsey is also a Legislative Director for Senator John Kerry (D - Massachusetts).
- Dr. Peter H. Raven, Director, Missouri Botanical Gardens, St. Louis, Missouri.
- Hon. Claudine Schneider, Director, The Artemis Project. Former U.S. Representative from Rhode Island.
- Dr. Stephen H. Schneider, Professor of Biological Sciences, Stanford University.
- Peter Schwartz, President of Global Business Network, Berkeley, California.
- Mal Warwick, Chairman of Mal Warwick & Associates, Inc., Berkeley, California.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- PI Website Accessed July 3, 2010.
- Press release, "White Paper Issued: Managing Climate Change and Water," UN Global Compact, May 15, 2009.
- Press release, "Global Release: 'Water Disclosure 2.0'," UN Global Compact, March 11, 2009.
- Elizabeth L. Chalecki, "A New Vigilance: Identifying and Reducing the Risks of Environmental Terrorism," Pacific Institute, 2001.