Pakistan Rising Leaders
Rising Leaders, the "brainchild" of Deputy Chief of Mission Mohammad Sadiq , "started as an initiative by the interns at the Embassy of Pakistan in the summer of 2004" with the "main motivation ... to create an organization for Pakistani-Americans interested in or pursuing degrees in Political Science, Media, Communications, Arts and the Humanities." 
Rising Leaders was organized as a "new youth branch" of the Pakistani American Liaison Center (PAL-C). Rising Leaders is "made up of Pakistani-Americans ranging in age from 18 to 35 who have a particular interest in politics and activism." 
Rising Leaders, a nonprofit, bipartisan organization that does not discriminate on the basis of age, ethnicity, race, disability, or faith, was created in recognition of the fact that Americans of Pakistani heritage are underrepresented in the American political system, its website states.
- Nadia Naviwala, Founding Director
- Sadia Sindhu, Executive Director
- Fauzia Tariq (bio), Director
- Nermeen Arastu, Director
- Zeeshan Ali Agha, Director
- Fatima Mazhar, Director
- Sairah Husain, Director
- Yaseen Nazir, Director
- Munzir Naqvi, an advisor to the Pakistan-Israel Peace Forum, according to its website, is also a board member. However, his name does not feature on the Rising Leaders Board members page.
Congressional Office Building
236 Massachusetts Avenue, NE Suite 207
Washington, DC 20002
Email: risingleaders AT gmail.com
Phone: 202 675-2004
FAX: 202 675-2006
- Erin Block, "Youth Group Urges Pakistani-Americans to Enter Public Service. Pakistani American Liaison Center holds conference in Washington," U.S. Department of State, July 27, 2004.
- Irshad Salim, "Rise Rising Leaders!" DesPards Blogs/Mohammad Sadiq.com, May 17, 2005.
- Spotlight: Rising Leaders, The Saturday Post, May 26-June1, 2007.
- Profile: Fauzia Tariq, The Saturday Post, May 26-June 1, 2007.