Paul Craig Roberts
Roberts has held numerous academic appointments. He was a Distinguished Fellow at the Cato Institute from 1993 to 1996. He held the William E. Simon Chair in Political Economy at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, Georgetown University, from 1982 through 1993. He was a Senior Research Fellow, Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace, Stanford University. 
Roberts was Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy (1981-82) in the Ronald Reagan administration. "President Reagan and Treasury Secretary Regan credited him with a major role in the Economic Recovery Tax Act of 1981, and he was awarded the Treasury Department’s Meritorious Service Award for 'his outstanding contributions to the formulation of United States economic policy.' From 1975 to 1978, Dr. Roberts served on the congressional staff where he drafted the Kemp-Roth bill and played a leading role in developing bipartisan support for a supply-side economic policy." 
He was Associate Editor of the Wall Street Journal editorial page and Contributing Editor of National Review, and a columnist for Business Week and the Scripps Howard News Service. Roberts's columns are released weekly by Creators Syndicate, Inc. 
Articles by Paul Craig Roberts
- Archived articles, Independent Institute.
- Archived articles at LewRockwell.com.
- Archived articles at NewsMax.
- Archived articles at VDare.com.
- The Latest from Paul Craig Roberts, Chronicles Magazine.
- "Propaganda’s Forward March," LewRockwell.com, November 19, 2003.
- "Watching Propaganda Become Truth," LewRockwell.com, February 10, 2004.
- "Outsourcing Innovation...And Everything Else. America's Has-Been Economy," CounterPunch, March 16, 2004. re outsourcing
- "The Brownshirting of America. Where Did These Conservatives Come From?" CounterPunch, October 15, 2004.
- "There is No One Left to Stop Them. Virtuous Violence is Upon Us," CounterPunch, November 19, 2004.
- "The New American Militarism," Antiwar.com, January 18, 2005.
- "End-Timers & Neo-Cons. The End of Conservatives," ZNet, January 19, 2005.
- "American Police State. Abandoning Liberty; Gaining Insecurity," CounterPunch, February 1, 2005. re police state
- "Soma Nation. A Threat Greater Than Terrorism," CounterPunch, March 21, 2005.
- "Bush Opts for Civil War in Iraq. From Cakewalk to Bloodbath," CounterPunch, May 28/30, 2005. re civil war in Iraq
- "Enabling Evil. Bush's Willing Executioners," Counter Punch, June 14, 2005.
- "Leave Now. Departing Iraq," CounterPunch, July 28, 2005.
- "Why is VP Lobbying for a Boost in China's Nuclear Capablity?" Human Events Online, August 10, 2005. re nuclear weapons, China-Iran-Russia axis and Russia-China-India "strategic triangle"
- "Get Ready for World War III," antiwar.com, August 15, 2005. re war in Iran
- "Mission: Unknown. Does Anyone Know What We're Doing in Iraq?" CounterPunch, August 29, 2005.
- "How New Orleans Was Lost," Antiwar.com, September 1, 2005. re Hurricane Katrina
- "The Triumph of Ideology Over Reality. Blundering Into Syria?" CounterPunch, October 6, 2005. re regime change in Syria
- "A Gestapo Administration. Bush's Witchhunt Against Truth-Tellers," CounterPunch, January 2, 2006.
- "Dollar Dethroned By Red Ink," Information Clearing House, January 2, 2006.
- "Unfathomed Dangers in Patriot Act Reauthorization," Antiwar.com, January 24, 2006; Human Events Online, January 26, 2006. re USA PATRIOT Improvement and Reauthorization Act of 2005
- "My Epiphany. Who Will Save America?" CounterPunch, February 6, 2006.
- "Endgame for the Constitution. The Omnipotent (But Far From Omniscient) Executive," CounterPunch, May 2, 2006. re The case for impeachment of President George W. Bush
- "Gullible Americans," Information Clearing House, August 14, 2006.
- Commentary: "Insightful economist," Washington Times, November 21, 2006.
- "The Disrespect for Truth has Brought a New Dark Age," Antiwar.com, December 29, 2006.
- "Bush Says No To Reason," Creators Syndicate, Inc. (VDare.com), January 2, 2007.
- "Dollar Dethroned By Red Ink," Information Clearing House (GlobalResearch.ca), January 2, 2007.
- "Keane/Kagan Plan Means More Bloodshed," Antiwar.com, January 3, 2007. re Frederick Kagan and McCain doctrine
- "The Urge to Surge. Political Cover or Escalation?" CounterPunch, January 6/7, 2007.
- "US Hypocrisy Reaches All Time High," LewRockwell.com, January 7, 2007.
- "Is Bush's War Winding Down or Heating Up? The Coming Attack on Iran," Antiwar.com, January 8, 2007. re war in Iran
- "Distracting Congress from the Real War Plan," Information Clearing House (Antiwar.com), January 10, 2007.
- "Jimmy Carter Speaks Truth to Propaganda," Antiwar.com, January 11, 2007.
- "The 'Surge' Is A Red Herring," Antiwar.com, January 12, 2007.
- "Bush Must Go. Only Impeachment Can Stop Him," CounterPunch, January 15, 2007; GlobalResearch.ca, January 18, 2007.
- "Attacking Iran: What's In It For Bush?" Creators Syndicate, Inc. (CounterPunch), January 17, 2007.
Published Works by Paul Craig Roberts
- With Karen LaFollette Araujo, The Capitalist Revolution in Latin America, Oxford University Press, February 17, 2003, ISBN 0195111761 / ISBN 978-0195111767.
- With Lawrence M. Stratton, Jr., The Tyranny of Good Intentions: How Prosecutors and Bureaucrats Are Trampling the Constitution in the Name of Justice, Prima Lifestyles, May 18, 2000, ISBN 076152553X / ISBN 9780761525530.
- With Lawrence M. Stratton, Jr., The New Color Line: How Quotas and Privilege Destroy Democracy, Regnery Publishing, May 1997, ISBN 0895264234 / ISBN 9780895264237.
- Meltdown: Inside the Soviet Economy, Cato Institute, September 1990, ISBN 0932790801 / ISBN 9780932790804.
- With Aaron Wildavsky, Alienation and the Soviet Economy: The Collapse of the Socialist Era, Independent Institute; 2nd edition (February 1, 1990), ISBN 0945999631 / ISBN 9780945999638.
- Supply-Side Revolution: An Insider's Account of Policymaking in Washington, Harvard University Press; Reprint edition (October 1985), ISBN 067485621X / ISBN 9780674856219.
- With Matthew A. Stephenson, Marx's Theory of Exchange, Alienation, and Crisis: With a New Introduction, Praeger Publishers, December 15, 1983, ISBN 0275910652 / ISBN 9780275910655.
- Alienation and the Soviet economy;: Toward a general theory of Marxian alienation, organizational principles, and the Soviet economy, University of New Mexico Press; [1st ed.] edition (1971), ASIN B0006CAVYW.
Related SourceWatch Resources
Articles & Commentary
- John Tamny, "The Two Faces of Paul Craig Roberts. Years ago he got tax cuts right, but he’s all wrong on 'outsourcing' today," National Review Online, May 9, 2005.
- Ben Johnson, "Paul Craig Roberts and the Certifiable Right," FrontPageMag.com, March 17, 2006.
- Joshua Frank, "Twist and Hate: The Smearing of Paul Craig Roberts," Dissident Voice, March 21, 2006.
- "Dr. Paul Craig Roberts To Retire From A. Schulman Board of Directors," PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX (MarketWatch.com), November 7, 2006.