Paul Hawken, according to his official biography on his website, "is an environmentalist, entrepreneur, journalist, and author. Starting at age 20, he dedicated his life to sustainability and changing the relationship between business and the environment. His practice has included starting and running ecological businesses, writing and teaching about the impact of commerce on living systems, and consulting with governments and corporations on economic development, industrial ecology, and environmental policy...
"He has served on the board of many environmental organizations including Point Foundation (publisher of the Whole Earth Catalogs), Center for Plant Conservation, Conservation International, Trust for Public Land, Friends of the Earth, and National Audubon Society." 
He has been a major supporter of the San Francisco Zen Center.
- CEO, OneSun Solar
- Cofounder, Highwater Global Fund
- Associate Editor, Solutions Journal 
- Advisory Council, Center for Contemplative Mind in Society (2001-) 
- Advisory Board, Green World Campaign 
- Advisory Council, Garrison Institute (2009-)
- International Advisory Board, Women's Earth Alliance 
- Advisory Board, Sustainable Settings (2000-)
- Faculty member, SustainAbility 
- Network Member, Global Business Network 
- Steward, Water Stewards Network (2003-)
- Winner of the 2003 Global Green Environmental Leadership Award 
- Advisor, Earth Corps for Global Service
- Selection Committee, 11th Annual Brower Youth Award 
- Advisory Board, Marion Institute 
- Signatory, Green Tea Party Manifesto 
- Global Advisory Committee, Earth Day Network 
- Former Manager, Erewhon Trading Company
- Former Co-chair, Natural Step International (1996-99)
- Former Director, Trust for Public Land (1983-90)
- Former Director, National Audubon Society (New York City, 1987-88)
- Former Director, Center for Plant Conservation (1987-92)
- Former Director, Friends of the Earth (Washington DC, 1995-97)
- Former Director, TransFair USA (2000-03)
- Advisory Board, Center For US-USSR Initiatives (1986-89)
- Advisory Board, Planned Parenthood of Marin, Sonoma (1986-91)
- Advisory Board, Institute for Food and Development Policy (1995-2000)
- Advisory Board, Natural Step US (1995-2002)
- Advisory Committee, Leadership for Environment and Development International (1999-2004)
- Advisory Council, Instituto Terra (2002-05)
- Advisory Board, Center for a New American Dream (1998-2007) 
- Advisory Board, Institute for Ecological Economics (2000-09) 
- Advisory Board, Circle of Life Foundation (2005??) 
- Joel Kovel, "The Justifiers: A critique of Julian Simon, Stephan Schmidheiny, and Paul Hawken on Capitalism and Nature", Capitalism Nature Socialism, 10 (23), pp.3-36, (1999).
- Ben Brucato, "Thoughts on Paul Hawken and Blessed Unrest", Blog, October 29, 2009.
- Michael Barker, "Findhorn's Angels", Swans Commentary, November 5, 2012.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Natural Capitalism
- Protected Harvest
- SEVEN TOMORROWS: Toward A Voluntary History, authored with Peter Schwartz and James A. Ogilvy (1980 New York: Bantam Books).
- Bill Tara - old friend
- Bio, Paul Hawken, accessed December 8, 2011.
- Who We Are, Natural Capital Institute, accessed December 13, 2007.
- Solutions Journal Editorial Board, organizational web page, accessed June 18, 2013.
- Advisory Council, Center for Contemplative Mind in Society, accessed November 13, 2011.
- Who we are, Green World Campaign, accessed October 15, 2008.
- Advisory Council, Garrison Institute, accessed December 2, 2011.
- International Advisory Board, Women's Earth Alliance, accessed February 16, 2010.
- Faculty Members, SustainAbility, accessed July 29, 2009.
- Members, Global Business Network, accessed November 15, 2010.
- Millennium Awards, Global Green, accessed August 3, 2008.
- Brower Youth Award Selection Process, organizational web page, accessed April 19, 2012.
- Marion Institute Board, organizational web page, accessed February 12, 2013.
- Green Tea Party Manifesto Home, organizational web page, accessed February 25, 2013.
- Earth Day Network Global Advisory Committee, organizational web page, accessed December 21, 2013.
- Advisory Board, Center for a New American Dream, accessed December 28, 2007.
- Advisory Board, Gund Institute for Ecological Economics, accessed February 9, 2009.
- Circle of Life Foundation (from March 2005) Team, organizational web page, accessed May 7, 2012.
- Jessica Guynn, Call it "Socially Responsible Idol", San Francisco Chronicle, May 9, 2007.
- Felicia Tomasco, Paul Hawken Speaks about Social Change: The New Global Movement, Santa Barbara Independent, May 10, 2007.
- John Stauber, Blessed Unrest for a Wiser Earth: John Stauber Interviews Paul Hawken, PRWatch.org, June 19, 2007.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|