Peppercom is a public relations company with offices in New York, San Francisco, and London.
The company was founded in 1995.
- Crisis management - "We’ve worked with a large food manufacturing company facing an FDA product II recall, a wholesale manufacturer accused of selling weapons to terrorists, a technology company whose founder was arrested for embezzlement one week after the firm’s IPO and a Fortune 500 corporation dealing with a major malfunction in its flagship, top-of-the-line offering"
- Employee relations - they work at "improving the counseling, presentation and brainstorming skills of internal communicators", they also provide "a full array of traditional employee communications tactics, such as newsletters, town hall meetings, internal blogs"
- Media training - "training that results in consistent wins for every single interview opportunity", they conduct "an intensive half-day media training session with a client's spokespeople to address potential interview scenarios and questions that might be asked"
- Speaking platform opportunities
- Events and sponsorships - they offer "expertise in managing events, trade shows, sponsorships and sports marketing"
- Digital communications - "Through digital tools such as blogs, podcasts, microsites and sentiment monitoring, companies are now able to extend and enhance their communications programs through two-way communication with internal and external audiences"
- Green/environmental PR - "To meet the needs of both legacy companies and green start-ups"
- Steve Cody, Managing Partner & Co-Founder
- Ed Moed, Managing Partner & Co-Founder
- Ann Barlow, Partner/President, West Coast
- Ted Birkhahn, Partner & Managing Director
- Deborah Brown, Partner & Managing Director
- Jacki Vause, Managing Director - Peppercom Europe
- Maggie O'Neill, Director of Events
- Jackie Kolek, Senior Director
- Sara Whitman, Director
- Marya Pongrace, Director
- Gene Colter, Editorial Director
Income and employee totals
Peppercom took in $11,815,773 in net fees in 2007. This was an increase of 41.7% on the previous year. The firm has 69 employees. 
PR Week ranked Peppercom as the twenty-fifth largest independent PR agency in the United States in 2008, with 2007 revenue of $11,816341, a 42% increase from the previous year's total revenue of $8,295,885. The ranking also notes its staff total of 71 (2006 total: 58), with $166,427 in revenue per employee.
A few of their clients are:
- American Institute of Architects
- Fireman’s Fund
- GE Power Systems
- Office Depot
- AboveNet, Inc.
- Affinity Group
Steven Cody, Managing Partner
470 Park Avenue South, 5th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Email: scody AT peppercom.com
Related SourceWatch articles
- What We Do, Peppercom, accessed May 2008.
- Management, Peppercom, accessed May 2008.
- 2007 Worldwide Fees of Independent Firms With Major U.S. Operations, O'Dwyer's PR, accessed May 2008.
- "2008 Agency Rankings," PR Week, 28 April 2008.
- Domestic Client List, Peppercom, accessed May 2008.
- International Client List, Peppercom, accessed May 2008.