The Hoover Institution, Right Web points out, "neglects to mention Wilson’s most memorable political highlight -- his championing of Proposition 187, the draconian anti-immigration ballot initiative passed in 1994 that denied undocumented immigrants in California access to a number of social services. During the run up to the California recall election, some observers argued that Arnold Schwarzenegger's ties to the former governor could jeopardize the Terminator’s chances at the polls."
- California Republican Senator, U.S. Senate (1983-1991)
- Mayor, City of San Diego (1971-1983)
- Assemblyman, State of California (1967-1971)
- U.S. Marine Corps: Infantry Officer
- Former board member, Center for Security Policy
- Pete Wilson, Right Web profile.