Peter H. May
Peter H. May, "ISEE President, received his PhD in Resource Economics from Cornell University in 1986. Chairman of the Department of Development, Agriculture and Society-DDAS of the Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro-UFRRJ, he also serves as Executive Secretary of the Brazilian Agroforestry Network-REBRAF and Associate Director of Friends of the Earth-Brazilian Amazon. Author and editor of 11 books in ecological economics and environmental policy, May founded and served as the first President of the Brazilian Society for Ecological Economics-ECOECO." 
- 1991-today Associate Professor, Federal Rural University of Rio de Janeiro, Vice-Coordinator, Master’s in Development Practice 
- 1990-91 Forestry Officer (Non-Wood Forest Products), Forestry Department, UN Food and Agriculture Organization, Rome
- 1987-89 Program Officer (Rural Poverty and Resources), The Ford Foundation, Rio de Janeiro
- 2005-2012 Amigos da Terra-Amazônia Brasileira, São Paulo. Associate Director, Member of Board of Directors (to 2005)
- 2003-2008 Brazilian Agroforestry Network – REBRAF, Rio de Janeiro. Executive Secretary.
- 1997-2002 Instituto Brasileiro de Pesquisas e Estudos Ambientais – Pró-Natura, and Pro-Natura USA. Executive Director.
- Editorial Board, Solutions Journal