Phu Tho power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Vietnam and coal|
Phú Thọ power station is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Phú Thọ province, Vietnam.
The map below shows the location of Cổ Tiết commune, the location where the plant would be built in Tam Nông district, Phú Thọ province.
In March 2009, the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry & Trade began consideration of a proposal by Electricity of Vietnam to build a 600-MW coal plant in Phú Thọ province. Subsequent reports about this project are not available. In October 2010, construction began on a 40 MW biomass power plant (visible in the above map) in Cổ Tiết commune, where the Phú Thọ coal plant was being planned; it is possible that this project has replaced the Phú Thọ project.
As of April 2015, there has not been any news about this project in several years.
- Sponsor: Electricity of Vietnam
- Parent company:
- Location: Cổ Tiết commune, Tam Nông district, Phú Thọ province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 21.29214, 105.24941 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 600 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type: Anthracite
- Coal Source: Vinacomin
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Government Considering a 600MW Thermo Power Plant in Phu Tho Province, Uni-Bros, March 2, 2009.
- Biomass Power Plant to Be Built in Phu Tho, Vietnam+, Oct. 18, 2010.