Phulbari Coal Project (China Gezhouba)
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Bangladesh and coal|
The Phulbari Coal Project (China Gezhouba) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Rangpur division, Bangladesh.
The map below shows the location of Phulbari Upazila but not the exact location of the proposed plant.
In April 2018, GCM Resources signed a preliminary Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) contract with China Gezhouba Group International Engineering (subsidiary of China Energy Engineering Corporation) for a US$3.8 billion, 2,000MW Phulbari mine-mouth coal plant.
- Sponsor: GCM Resources, China Energy Engineering Corporation
- Parent company: GCM Resources
- Location: Phulbari Upazila, Dinajpur district, Rangpur division
- Coordinates: 25.516667, 88.883333 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross Capacity: 2000 MW
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Phulbari mine (undeveloped)
- Source of financing:
Articles and Resources
- Michael Marray, "China Gezhouba Group signs preliminary EPC contract to build 2,000MW power plant in Bangladesh," The Asset, 3 April 2018 (paywall)