Physicians for a National Health Program
Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP) is, according to its website, "a non-profit research and education organization of 16,000 physicians, medical students and health professionals who support single-payer national health insurance." 
PNHP has long been the leading advocate for a single-payer national health insurance system in the US and their website has a basic primer on it.
In March, 2009, there was an online debate in which Dr. Don McCanne, a retired family physician now serving as Senior Health Policy Fellow for Physicians for a National Health Program, represented the single-payer point of view and Jason Rosenbaum, a writer and activist, and the Deputy Director of Online Campaigns for Health Care for America Now represented the Obama/HCAN position against single payer.
- Physicians for a National Health Program
- 29 E Madison Suite 602, Chicago, IL 60602
- Phone (312) 782-6006
- email: email@example.com
- Website: http://www.pnhp.org/
- Dr. Steve B., What HCAN is really about…, PNHP blog, July 10, 2008.
- John Stauber, Obama and HCAN Marginalize Single Payer, PRWatch.org, March 17, 2009.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|