|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of South Korea and coal|
Pohang Port is in North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea. It is located on the southeastern part of the Korean peninsula and has been developed as a major industrial port since the Pohang Iron and Steel Company's (POSCO) steel works.
Piers 1-2 import coal. Piers 3-5 export steel goods.
- Operator: Pohang Regional Oceans & Fisheries Administration
- Location: North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes):
- Status: Operating
- Type: Imports
- Sources of coal: Russia
Articles and resources
- "Port of Pohang," eashco.co.kr, accessed May 2015
- "South Korea Prepares for Coal Shipment From North Port," WSJ, Nov 28, 2014