|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of New Zealand and coal.|
Port Taranaki is in Taranaki Region, New Zealand. It is owned and operated by Port Taranaki Limited, a business owned by Taranaki Regional Council.
The port, which is located on the west coast of the North Island, is set to export coal from Bathurst Resources coal mines on the West Coast. Coal from the Pike River mine, which closed following a November 2010 mine explosion which killed 29 people, was previously exported through the port.
- Operator: Port Taranaki Limited
- Location: Taranaki Region, New Zealand
- Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 5
- Status: Operating
- Type: Exports
- Source of Coal: Bathurst Resources coal mines on the West Coast, NZ
Articles and Resources
- John Anthony, "Port Taranaki clinches coal deal", Taranaki Daily News, January 31, 2012.