Power Company of Karnataka
The Power Company of Karnataka Limited (PCKL) is a Karnataka government owned company which was created in 2007 to establish new power generation plants to supplement those undertaken by the Karnataka Power Corporation.
On its website PCKL lists four pwer projects which it is involved with, three of which are coal-fired power projects. The coal projects are:
- the Gulbarga power station, a 1320 megawatt (MW) power station;
- the Ghataprabha power station, a 1320 MW power station;
- the Kudigi Super Thermal Power Project, a 4,000 MW power station. (This project is being developed by NTPC via a MOU with PCKL.
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- "Background", Power Company of Karnataka Limited website, accessed February 2012.
- Power Company of Karnataka, "Projects", Power Company of Karnataka website, accessed February 2012.
- "Establishing 4000 MW (5 x 800 MW) Coal based Power plant at Kudigi", February 1, 2012.