Puyang Longfeng power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Puyang Longfeng power station (河南濮阳龙丰电厂上大压小项目) is a retired 175-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Henan Province, China.
A new 1,200 MW coal plant at the site was commissioned in 2018.
- 1 Location
- 2 Background on Plant
- 3 Proposed expansion
- 4 Project Details for Units 5 & 6 Expansion
- 5 Articles and resources
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Puyang County.
Background on Plant
The first three units of Puyang Lunggung power station, totaling 150 MW, were commissioned in 1991-1997 and retired in 2009. The 25 MW back-pressure unit 4, commissioned in 2008, was retired in 2017. The plant is owned by Henan Investment Group.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects, including Puyang Longfeng. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
July 2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017 the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces, including Puyang Longfeng power station.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Satellite photography shows at least one unit operating
Satellite photographs show that the southern-most of the two new units began testing or operating in November 2017.
Project Details for Units 5 & 6 Expansion
- Sponsor: Henan Investment Group
- Parent company: Henan Investment Group
- Location: Liutun Town (Liutunzhen), Puyang County, Puyang Prefecture, Henan Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.769469, 115.254661 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW (Units 5 & 6: 600 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "濮阳龙丰电厂2×600兆瓦机组工程开工奠基", 河南省人民政府, 2013-06-20
- "濮阳龙丰热电1×25MW背压机组并网方式探讨," iliema.com, 2016-1-16
- "濮阳龙丰电厂2×600MW机组工程奠基仪式在柳屯镇举行", 濮阳县网, 2013-6-24
- "2017年河南省第一批A类98个重点能源项目：17个火电 25个风电," 北极星电力网新闻中心来, Mar 17, 2017
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- Planet timelapse, recorded April 2018
- "濮阳龙丰#1机组通过168小时试运行," Henan Construction, 2018-03-23
- "濮阳龙丰“上大压小”新建项目二号机组一次通过168小时满负荷试运行," 华海新电信息所, 2018-08-14