Quang Ninh power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Vietnam and coal|
Quảng Ninh power station is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Quảng Ninh province, Vietnam.
An additional 1,200 MW is proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Hà Khánh ward, Hạ Long city, Quảng Ninh province.
In 2006, Quang Ninh Thermal Power Joint Stock Company (a partnership that is majority-owned by Electricity of Vietnam) broke ground on the construction of the two-unit, $600 million, 600-MW Quảng Ninh-1 coal-fired power plant near Hạ Long city. The first unit came online in May 2009, and the second in June 2010.
In May 2007, Quang Ninh Thermal Power JSC broke ground on the two-unit, $600 million, 600-MW Quảng Ninh-2. The first unit of Quảng Ninh-2 (Unit 3 of the entire complex) came online in December 2012, and Unit 4 came online in April 2014.
Quang Ninh-3 (2 x 600 MW) was identified in the revised Power Development Plan VII for completion in 2029 and 2030.
- Owner: Quang Ninh Thermal Power Joint Stock Company
- Parent company: Electricity of Vietnam (80%), Vinacomin (15%), Vinaconex (5%)
- Location: Hà Khánh ward, Hạ Long city, Quảng Ninh province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 21.01182, 107.12883 (exact)
- Status: Quang Ninh-1 and Quang Ninh-2: Operating; Quang Ninh-3: Announced ("Planned with investor not identified")
- Gross Capacity: Quang Ninh-1: 600 MW (2 x 300 MW); Quang Ninh-2: 600 MW (2 x 300 MW); Quang Ninh-3: 1,200 MW (2 x 600 MW)
- In Service:
- Quang Ninh-1 Unit 1: 2009
- Quang Ninh-1 Unit 2: 2010
- Quang Ninh-2 Unit 1: 2012
- Quang Ninh-2 Unit 2: 2014
- Quang Ninh-3 Unit 1: 2029
- Quang Ninh-3 Unit 2: 2030
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal Type: Anthracite
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: China Import-Export Bank (Quảng Ninh-1)
Articles and resources
- Quang Ninh Thermal Power Plant: Contributing to the Transformation of Growth Model in Quang Ninh, Vinacomin website, Nov. 28, 2013.
- Turbine Group No. 3 of Quang Ninh Thermal Power Plant to Start Operating Next Month, Quảng Ninh provincial website, Nov. 23, 2012.
- Building an Environmentally Friendly Power Plant, Quang Ninh News, Nov. 6, 2013.
- Cấp PAC tổ máy số 4 Nhà máy nhiệt điện Quảng Ninh, Power Engineering Consulting JSC 1 website, Apr. 29, 2014.
- DANH MỤC CÁC DỰ ÁN NGUỒN ĐIỆN VÀO VẬN HÀNH GIAI ĐOẠN 2016 - 2030, Ban hành kèm theo Quyết định số 428/QĐ-TTg ngày 18 tháng 3 năm 2016 của Thủ tướng Chính phủ (LIST OF POWER PROJECT IN OPERATION PERIOD 2016 - 2030, Issued together with Decision No. 428 / QD - TTg of March 18, 2016 by the Prime Minister)