Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam
Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam (RVUN) is the publicly owned power generation company in Rajasthan. The present installed capacity of RVUN is 4097 megawatts (MW) which is overwhlmingly from coal-fired power stations.
Existing coal-fired power stations
On its website, RVUN lists its coal-fired power stations as being:
- Suratgarh Super Thermal Power Station, at Suratgarh in the District of Shriganganagar, is a 1500 MW plant;
- Suratgarh Super Thermal Power Station, at Kota is a 1240 MW plant;
- Chhabra Thermal Power Station at Chhabra in the District of Baran is a 500 MW plant;
- Giral Lignite Thermal Power Project at Giral in the District of Barmer, is a 250MW plant.
New coal power station proposal and expansion of existing plants
RVUN is currently adding 1860MW of new generating capacity to its system. Of this, 1700MW is proposed to be from one new coal-fired power station and the upgrading of two existing plants. The proposed new and expanded coal plants are:
- Kalisindh Thermal Power Station is a proposed 1200MW plant comprising two 600MW units which is currently under construction. The units are scheduled to be commissioned in March and July 2012.
- Two additional 250MW units added to the Chhabra Thermal Power Station which projected commissioning dates of March and June 2012.
In addition, RVUN is proposing that a further 7,750MW of coal plants be added during the 2012-17 period. These are:
- additional 1320MW at each of the existing Kalisindh TPS and the Chhabra TPS power stations and 2640MW at the Suratgarh TPS. It is also proposed to build a new 1320MW Banswara TPS; and
- additional 330 gas-fired expansions at each of the Kota Gas Power Project, the Chhabra Gas Power Project and the Dholpur Gas Power Station. In addition an extra 160MW of gas fired capacity is proposed as the fourth stage of the Ramgarh Gas Power Station.
Corporate Office, Jaipur Rajasthn Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam Limited ,
Jyoti Nagar Janpath,
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam, "Present Installed capacity of Rajasthan Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam is 4097.35 MW", Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam website, accessed November 2011.
- Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam, "Kalisindh TPP Unit-1 & 2 (2X600 MW )", Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam website, August 2011.
- Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam, "Chhabra TPP Unit-3 & 4 (2X250 MW ) – Extension project", Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam website, August 2011.
- Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam, "New Power Project to be commissioned in XII plan", Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam website, accessed November 2011.
- Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam, "Banswara TPP Unit-1 & 2 (2X660 MW )", Rajasthan RV Utpadan Nigam website, accessed December 2011.