"Randall Terry led the nation's largest civil disobedience movement, 'Operation Rescue,' in opposition to abortion. He is an outspoken opponent of granting special rights to homosexuals, and led the fight against same-sex marriage in Hawaii and Vermont. His current work is online at OperationWitness.com." 
Terry for Florida Senate 2006
In a May 25, 2005, Christian Communication Network news release, Public Defender James Purdy, who presides over four Florida counties, asked Randy Terry to run against Florida State Senator Jim King in the 2006 Republican Primary: 
- "In three separate press conferences throughout Florida's Eighth Senate District [Jacksonville, St. Augustine, and Daytona Beach], Public Defender James Purdy and Republican Executive Committee member Kay Durden will publicly urge Randall Terry to become the next State Senator from District 8."
- "Why: State Senator Jim King has alienated a substantial force within the Republican base by his positions and voting record. For example, King killed the medical tort reform proposed by Governor Bush; King is viewed as 'in the pocket' of trial lawyers; King fought Governor Bush's budget; he voted to increase the state budget, and sought tax increases; he is pro-choice; after overwhelming Republican victories in the Florida legislature, he gave key Committee Chairmanships and Vice Chairmanships to liberal Democrats; he has offered special rights to homosexuals; and finally, Jim King helped defeat the bill that would have saved Terri Schindler-Schiavo from starvation.
- "Many members of the Republican Executive Committee have long sought for a candidate who could defeat Jim King and give the residents of the Eighth District the representation they want and deserve in Tallahassee."
Quotes by Randall Terry
- "I want you to just let a wave of intolerance wash over you... I want you to let a wave of hatred wash over you. Yes, hate is good... Our goal is a Christian nation. We have a biblical duty, we are called by God, to conquer this country. We don't want equal time. We don't want pluralism." August 16, 1993.
- "When I, or people like me, are running the country, you’d better flee, because we will find you, we will try you and we will execute you." ["reportedly said of doctors who perform abortions"] 1995.
- "The foundation of Operation Rescue is a call to people and the Church to repent. The Church has sinned before God by allowing children to be ripped apart and mothers to be exploited. We have sat idly by and have done virtually nothing." September 1998.
Cell phone: 904-687-9804
- compassionate conservative
- D. James Kennedy
- Gary McCullough
- James Dobson
- Jerry Falwell
- Marketing Terri Schiavo
- Planned Parenthood
- Religious Right
- social conservative
- Terri Schiavo
- traditional family values
- Bio on Randall Terry, randalterrylive.org.
- "Randall Terry" in the Wikipedia.
- "Who is Randall Terry" and "Cables covered Operation Rescue protests without noting group's controversial past," Media Matters for America, March 22, 2005, and March 24, 2005.
- Randall Terry at Wikipedia
Articles & Commentary
- Skipp Porteus, "Randall Terry calls for a Christian nation," buildingequality.ur, September 1995.
- Randall Terry Interview, Forerunner, September 1988.
- "Randall Terry Campaign Video," barf.org, January 1998: "'I'm a fighter. This film tells what I'm willing to fight for.', January 5, 1998, press release from Randall Terry for Congress."
- "NOW sues anti-abortion activists under racketeering law," CNN, March 4, 1998. See information on the NOW website.
- "Jury Rules That Anti-Abortion Leaders Violated Racketeering Laws," New York Times, April 21, 1998.
- Adam Graham, "Questionable Judgment," Adam's Web, December 4, 2002.
- John W. Whitehead, "Barry Manilow Got Saved. Randall Terry Makes a Comeback," The Rutherford Institute, February 10, 2003.
- Lynn Vincent, "'The Society for Truth and Justice' ??? ...," World Magazine, July 14, 2003.
- Barbara Miner, "Randall Terry Resurfaces. Christian right jumps into Terri Schiavo fray," In These Times, November 24, 2003: "Randall Terry is back with his new group, The Society for Truth and Justice."
- Paul O'Donnell, Interview with Randall Terry: "'He's Bringing Great Sadness to Our Home'," World Net Daily, April 2004.
- Randall Terry, "My Prodigal Son, the Homosexual. The story Out magazine paid my son to write is full of fraud and deceit," World Net Daily, April 2004.
- Michael Powell, "Family Values. Randall Terry Fights Gay Unions. His Son No Longer Will," Washington Post, April 22, 2004.
- Jamiel Terry, "A Rising Son. His father is a charismatic anti-gay activist. And he has come out of the closet," World Net Daily reprinted with permission from Out Magazine, published May 2004.
- Margaret Cho, "Randall Terry," margaretcho.com, May 16, 2004.
- Benjamin Ryan, "Out in the Terry family: Randall Terry says his son's coming-out was a betrayal, and he's still determined to deny 'special civil rights' to gays," The Advocate, May 25, 2004.
- Noah Bierman, "High-profile antiabortion protesters reunited," Miami Herald, March 20, 2005: "The protests to save the life of Terri Schiavo have reunited members of the antiabortion group Operation Rescue -- and drawn a newer incarnation of the group itself."
- Mark A.R. Kleinman, "Randall Terry crawls out from under his rock," markarkleinman.com, March 20, 2005.
Terry for Florida Senate 2006
- "Republican Executive Committee Members Ask Randall Terry to Unseat Florida State Senator Jim King in 2006 Republican Primary," Christian Communication Network, May 25, 2005.
- David Royse, "In Senate race, family values campaign tested by real life," Associated Press (Bradenton.com), October 21, 2006.