Ratija Power Project
The Ratija Power Project is a 100-megawatt coal-fired power station in Chhattisgarh, India.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Ratija village, Korba district.
According to the ACB website, Unit 2 (also 50 MW) is planned for commissioning in 2017. According to the India government, the plant is under construction and planned for commissioning in November 2016.
Unit 2 was commissioned on November 10, 2016.
Sponsor: ACB (India)
Location: Ratija village, Korba district, Chhattisgarh
Coordinates: 22.3399938, 82.4927759 (exact)
Capacity: 50 MW (Phase 1); 50MW (Phase II)
Projected in service: 2013 (Unit 1); 2016 (Unit 2)
Coal Type: blend of raw coal and coal rejects from adjacent to Spectrum Coal beneficiation plant in Ratija
Estimated annual CO2: 591,370 tons on 100MW plant
Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- ACB India, "50 MW Power Plant, Ratija, Chhattisgarh ", ACB (India) website, accessed November 2011.
- Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country, Central Electricity Authority, August 2013
- "50 MW Power Plant, Ratija, Chhattisgarh (Phase II)," ACB (India) website, accessed March 2015
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," India CEA, July 2016
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, November 2016
- "Korba Power Plant," Spectrum Coal and Power Ltd website, cache accessed October 2013