Renaissance Technologies Corp. "is a privately owned hedge fund sponsor. The firm primarily provides its services to pooled investment vehicles. It also provides its services to banking or thrift institutions and corporations. The firm invests in the public equity and alternative investment markets of the United States. It employs equity long/short strategies for its hedging investments. Renaissance Technologies Corp. was founded in 1982 and is based in New York, New York with additional offices in East Setauket, New York and Berkeley, California." 
- James Harris Simons - President
- Mendel Mark Silber - Chief Financial Officer
- James Rowen - Chief Operating Officer
- Robert Leroy Mercer - Executive Vice President
- Peter Fitzhugh Brown - Executive Vice President and Director
Resources and articles
- Renaissance Technologies, businessweek, accessed February 19, 2010.