Richard D. Lamm
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Richard D. Lamm
In 2004: "The leadership of the Sierra Club, the landmark environmental organization, is enmeshed in a bitter struggle over whether to advocate tough immigration restrictions as a way to control environmental damage that has been associated with rapid population growth.
"The debate is unusual in its intensity, even for an organization whose fractious disputes are legendary. It focuses on efforts by several outsiders and grass-roots members of the club to win seats on the board of directors. The dissident group is led by Richard D. Lamm, the former Democratic governor of Colorado, who has argued for 20 years that national policies leave the country open to unsustainable immigration." 
- Cofounder, American Council of Trustees and Alumni
- CoChair, Federation for American Immigration Reform
- Executive Committee, Cultural Change Institute 
- Advisory Board, Californians for Population Stabilization
- Advisory Board, Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy 
- Advisory Board, Foundation for the Defense of Democracies
- Advisory Board, Population Media Center
- Advisory Board, Progressives for Immigration Reform 
- Former Trustee, American Conservation Association
- Former Advisor, Midwest Coalition to Reduce Immigration 
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- ↑ Bitter Division For Sierra Club On Immigration, NYT, accessed October 18, 2009.
- ↑ Staff, Cultural Change Institute, accessed December 12, 2010.
- ↑ Center for the Advancement of the Steady State Economy Advisory Board, organizational web page, accessed April 19, 2012.
- ↑ About, Progressives for Immigration Reform, accessed September 13, 2010.
- ↑ About, Midwest Coalition to Reduce Immigration, accessed September 13, 2010.