Richard Heinberg is a "journalist, educator, editor, lecturer, and a Core Faculty member of New College of California, where he teaches courses on 'Energy and Society' and 'Culture, Ecology and Sustainable Community.'
"His monthly MuseLetter was nominated in 1994 by Utne Reader for an Alternative Press Award and has been included in Utne's annual list of Best Alternative Newsletters. His essays and articles have appeared in many journals including Z Magazine, The Futurist, Earth Island Journal, Wild Matters, Alternative Press Review, and The Sun." 
- Secretary, Post Carbon Institute 
- Advisor, Transition US 
- Editorial Board, Solutions Journal 
- Advisory Board, The Climate Mobilization 
- Powerdown : Options and Actions for a Post-Carbon World, New Society Publishers (September 15, 2004) ISBN 0865715106.
- The Party's Over: Oil, War and the Fate of Industrial Societies, New Society Publishers (April 15, 2003) ISBN 0865714827.
- http://www.museletter.com website.
- Richard Heinberg articles and interviews, Global Public Media website.
- Richard Heinberg, "The Party's Over. Oil, War, and the Fate of Industrial Societies. Industrial nations' fossil-fueled joyride is about to end . . . is anyone prepared?," The Muse, 2003.
- Richard Heinberg, "Smoking Gun: The CIA's Interest in Peak Oil," Muse Letter, August 2003.