Rockefeller University was founded by John D. Rockefeller. The Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research was incorporated on June 14, 1901. It was the first institution in the United States devoted solely to biomedical research. It was later renamed Rockefeller University and has contributed to 23 Nobel Prizes and numerous other awards. 
History of pharmaceutical interests
In the early half of the 20th century, petrochemical giants organized a coup on the medical research facilities, hospitals and universities. The Rockefeller family sponsored research and donated sums to universities and medical schools which had drug based research. They further extended this policy to foreign universities and medical schools where research was drug based through their "International Education Board". Establishments and research which were were not drug based were refused funding and soon dissolved in favor of the lucrative pharmaceutical industry. 
The Rockefeller Foundation was originally set up in 1904 as the General Education Fund. The RF was later formed in 1910 and issued a charter in 1913 with the help of Rockefeller millions. Subsequently, the foundation placed it's own "nominees" in federal health agencies and set the stage for the "reeducation" of the public.  See also Rockefeller Foundation.
Rockefeller University does animal testing.
Facility information, progress reports & USDA-APHIS reports
For links to copies of this facility's U.S. Department of Agriculture reports indicating species, number of animals used and other information, see also Facility Reports and Information: Rockefeller University, New York, NY 
USDA AWA reports
As of May 26, 2009, the USDA began posting all inspection reports for animal breeders, dealers, exhibitors, handlers, research facilities and animal carriers by state. See also USDA Animal Welfare Inspection Reports.
- Paul Nurse - President
- Barry S. Coller - Vice President, Medical Affairs
- Lisa Danzig - Vice President and Chief Investment Officer
- Virginia Huffman - Vice President for Human Resources
- Maren E. Imhoff - Vice President, Development
- James H. Lapple - Vice President, Finance, and Treasurer
- Robin Maloney - Assistant Vice President, Finance, and Assistant Treasurer
- Harriet Rabb - Vice President and General Counsel
- Jane Rendall - Corporate Secretary
- Sidney Strickland - Dean and Vice President, Educational Affairs
- John Tooze - Vice President, Scientific and Facility Operations
- Michael W. Young - Vice President for Academic Affairs 
- David Rockefeller, Honorary Chairman and Life Trustee
- Russell L. Carson, Chairman
- Paul Nurse, President
- Allen R. Adler
- Robert M. Bass
- Edward J. Benz, Jr., M.D.
- Judith Roth Berkowitz
- David Botstein, Ph.D
- Christopher H. Browne
- Anthony B. Evnin, Ph.D.
- Michael D. Fascitelli
- Peter A. Flaherty
- William E. Ford
- G.S. Beckwith Gilbert
- Joseph L. Goldstein, M.D.
- Neva R. Goodwin, Ph.D.
- Peter T. Grauer
- Paul B. Guenther
- Margaret A. Hamburg, M.D.
- Marlene Hess
- David I. Hirsh, Ph.D., Vice Chairman
- Sandra J. Horbach
- Nancy M. Kissinger
- David H. Koch
- Henry R. Kravis, Vice Chairman
- Thomas H. Lee
- Karen M. Levy
- Evelyn G. Lipper, M.D.
- Robin Neustein
- Willard J. Overlock, Jr.
- Marnie S. Pillsbury, Vice Chairman
- Don Michael Randel, Ph.D.
- Patricia P. Rosenwald
- Richard E. Salomon, Vice Chairman
- Lewis A. Sanders
- Sydney R. Shuman
- James H. Simons, Ph.D.
- Lulu C. Wang
- Ralph E. Ablon
- Alexander G. Bearn, M.D.
- Edward S. Cooper, M.D.
- D. Ronald Daniel
- Annette de la Renta
- Alexander D. Forger, Esq.
- Richard M. Furlaud +
- Maurice R. Greenberg
- Eugene P. Grisanti
- David A. Hamburg, M.D.
- Eric R. Kandel, M.D.
- Theresa Lang
- David G. Nathan, M.D.
- Donald A. Pels
- Julian H. Robertson, Jr.
- Stephen Stamas
- Frederick A. Terry, Jr. Esq.
- John C. Whitehead
(+ Chairman Emeritus/Ex officio/non-voting member) 
Web address: http://www.rockefeller.edu
Articles & sources
- Animal testing
- David Rockefeller
- National Institutes of Health
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Rockefeller Foundation
- Tavistock Institute
- William O. Baker - former chair
- History, Rockefeller University, accessed December 28, 2007.
- Ivan Fraser, Mark Beeston The Pharmaceutical Racket, Biblioteca Plaeyades, accessed April 2010
- Hans Reusch The Truth About the Rockefeller Drug Empire: The Drug Story, CIVIS Foundation Report number 15, Fall-Winter 1993
- Facility Reports and Information: Rockefeller University, New York, NY, Stop Animal Exploitation NOW!, accessed January 2011
- Corporate Officers, Rockefeller University, accessed December 28, 2007.
- Trustees, Rockefeller University, accessed December 28, 2007.