Ruien power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Belgium and coal.|
Ruien power station was a 560-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in East Flanders province, Belgium.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Kluisbergen, on the Scheldt 10km upstream from Oudenaarde.
- Sponsor: Electrabel
- Parent company: Engie
- Location: Kluisbergen, East Flanders province, Belgium
- Coordinates: 50.78342, 3.4883854 (exact)
- Status: Retired
- Capacity: 130 MW (Unit 3), 130 MW (Unit 4), 300 MW (Unit 4)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 1966 (Unit 3), 1967 (Unit 4), 1970 (Unit 5)
- Retired date: 2012 (Units 3-4), 2013 (Unit 5)
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: