Rukuru power station
Rukuru power station is a proposed 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in norhern Malawi.
The plant is planned for 120 kilometers north of Mzuzu, shown in the map below.
In December 2017, China's Hubei Electric Power Construction Engineering Co signed an EPC contract with Mchenga Coal Mines of Malawi to build a 100 MW coal plant in northern Malawi. The Rukuru project is planned for the Long Pi area, 120 km north of Mzuzu city in northern Malawi and close to the Mchenga coal mine area. There is the possibility of a phase II of an additional 100 MW.
- Sponsor: Mchenga Coal Mines
- Parent company: Mchenga Coal Mines Ltd
- Location: northern Malawi
- Coordinates: -11.45807, 34.015131 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Capacity: 100 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Mchenga coal mine
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "马拉维100MW燃煤电站总包合同完成签约," 湖北工程公司, 2017-12-26