Santa Cruz de Mara export terminal
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Venezuela and coal|
Coal is trucked approximately 85 kilometres to an export barge loading terminal at Santa Cruz de Mara export terminal. In a profile on mining in Venezuela, the Consulate General of Denmark states that "a floating storage and transfer station, the Bulk Wayuu, is permanently anchored in Lake Maracaibo to provide additional storage capacity and to perform an efficient ship loading operation. Coal is reclaimed from barges on to Bulk Wayuu and subsequently loaded, via a series of conveyors and discharge systems, into ocean-going vessels docked alongside this facility."
- Operator: Carbones del Guasare
- Location: Zulia, Venezuela
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes):
- Status: Operating
- Type: Exports
- Sources of coal: Paso Diablo Mine, Venezuela
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Consulate General of Denmark, "Mining in Venevuela", undated, accessed August 2011.