Sasol One power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of South Africa|
Sasol One power station is a 140-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in the Free State, South Africa.
The map below shows the location of the plant, near Sasolburg, Fezile Dabi District, the Free State.
Background on Plant
- Sponsor: Sasol Ltd
- Parent company: Sasol
- Location: Sasolburg, Fezile Dabi District, the Free State, South Africa
- Coordinates: -26.8223113, 27.8483222 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 140 MW (Units 1 & 3: 13.5 MW; Units 6-8: 12.5 MW; Units 2, 4, & 5: 25 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1954 (Units 1 & 3), 1964-69 (Units 4-6), 1982 (Units 7 & 8), 1997 (Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Sasol One Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed Sept. 2015.