Seival power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Brazil and coal|
Seival power station is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Candiota, State of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
The map below shows Candiota, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
The Seival project was initiated by Tractebel Energia S.A., then acquired by MPX Energia SA (subsequently renamed Eneva) in November 2010. The project has already been granted an installation license and would be supplied with coal from the proposed Seival mine in southern Rio Grande do Sul state.
Eneva originally planned to place a bid for the Seival plant in Brazil's December 2013 national energy auction, but opted out due to unviably low energy prices.
Seival ultimately lost out in the bidding to the Pampa power station. The 600MW Seival project was listed once again as a participant in Brazil's A-5 energy auction in April 2015, but was passed over in favor of natural gas- and biomass-fueled power projects.
As of December 2016, the Seival project appears to have been shelved, as Eneva has removed all references to Seival from its website and there have been no further mentions of the project in the Brazilian press.
- Sponsor: Eneva
- Parent company: MPX Energia SA, E.ON
- Location: Candiota, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- Coordinates: -31.45444444, -53.74638889 (approximate)
- Unit 1: Shelved
- Unit 2: Shelved
- Gross Capacity:
- Unit 1: 300 MW
- Unit 2: 300 MW
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Seival mine
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Sul and Seival Complex," Eneva website, accessed February 2015.
- "Preço baixo impede concretização de projetos de usinas termelétricas,", Alternet, December 2013.
- "Usinas térmicas pedem prazo para evitar repetição de crise,", Epoca Negocios, September 18, 2014.
- "Carvão Mineral tem quatro projetos inscritos para o leilão de energia A-5,", SieceSC, July 1, 2014.
- "Duas usinas da região concorrem no leilão A-5,", Jornal Minuano, August 27, 2014.
- "Confirmada nova usina em Candiota,", Jornal Minuano, November 28, 2014.
- "Leilão A-5 2015 cadastra 19.826 MW em novos projetos de energia,", EPE, February 5, 2015.
- "RESOLUÇÃO HOMOLOGATÓRIA Nº 1868,", ANEEL, March 30, 2015.
- "Leilão A-5 contrata 14 usinas e garante investimentos de R$6 bi no país,", EPE, April 30, 2015.
- "Eneva home page,", Eneva website, accessed December 2016.
Related SourceWatch articles