Learn more about corporations VOTING to rewrite our laws.
Seth Cooper was the Task Force Director for the Telecommunications and Information Technology Task Force of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) for three years. As of August 2011, he is a Research Fellow at the Free State Foundation, a think tank "promoting free markets, limited government, and rule of law principles in telecommunications and information technology policy."
To see a complete list of ALEC's staff, visit the the ALEC Staff page.
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our ExposedbyCMD.org site.
He has also been listed as "Amicus Counsel" at ALEC. According to his biography on ALEC's website, "Prior to his work with ALEC, Seth worked in 2007 as a contract attorney in Washington State. He also served as a Caucus Staff Counsel in the Washington State Senate during its 2007 Legislative Session. Seth obtained his juris doctorate from Seattle University School of Law and his bachelor’s degree in political science from Pacific Lutheran University."
Alongside Andrew Breitbart, among others, Cooper served as a Lincoln Fellow for the Claremont Institute for the Study of Statesmanship and Political Philosophy in 2009. Cooper has also sat on the Board of Directors of the Free State Foundation.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
Cooper maintains his own website, which can be accessed here: http://sethcooper.com/
- American Legislative Exchange Council, "Exploring ALEC positions on E-commerce and E-taxes," panelist biographies and materials, August 5, 2011, on file with CMD
- "Meet Our Staff." American Legislative Exchange Council. ALEC.org. Accessed May 24, 2011.
- "Seth Cooper." American Legislative Exchange Council. ALEC.org. Accessed May 24, 2011.
- "About Us." Free State Foundation. FreeStateFoundation.org. Accessed May 24, 2011.
- "Senior Fellows and Staff." Free State Foundation. FreeStateFoundation.org. Accessed May 24, 2011
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|