Shenhua Yangjiang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Yangjiang power station (神华国华阳江电厂一期) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Yangjiang Prefecture, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Guangdong Province.
Background on Project
However, there have been no news on the project since 2013. It appears to be abandoned.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guohua Elec Power Corp
- Parent company: Shenhua Group (now National Energy Investment Group)
- Location: Yangjiang Prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 21.857, 111.982 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "神华国华阳江火电项目着手选址 总投资300亿元," accessed June 2013
- "国华电力公司与广东阳江市政府签订《国华阳江煤电一体化项目合作框架协议》," accessed June 2013
- "神华国华阳江火电项目着手选址 总投资300亿元", 粤西网, 2012-04-13
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017