Shree Singaji Thermal Power Project
Shree Singaji Thermal Power Project is a 1,200 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Madhya Pradesh, India.
A further 1320 MW expansion of the plant is under development.
The photo shows the power station in Dongalia village (sourth of Purni)
The project is sponsored by M.P. Power Generating Company, which is also known as Madhya Pradesh Power Generating Co.
Stage I is a 1,200 megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station. The first 600MW generating unit was commissioned in February 2014 and "is being operated as per availability of required quantity of coal." The second 600 MW unit was commissioned in October 2014.
Stage II of the project is the addition of another two 660MW units. According to a February 2014 status report, an application was submitted to the India Ministry of Environment & Forests for Stage II Environmental Clearance "on the basis of a comprehensive EIA study carried out earlier for both stages based on allocation of Gondbahera-Ujjaini coal block."
- Units 1-3: Operating
- Unit 4: Construction
Capacity: 2,520 MW (Units 1&2: 600 MW, Units 3&4: 660 MW)
- Units 1&2: 2014
- Unit 3: 2018
- Unit 4: 2019
Coal Source: "GoI has allocated Gondbahera-Ujjaini coal block having 532 MT reserve to MPPGCL in their meeting on 07.06.13"
Source of financing: "A memorandum of agreement has been signed with PFC on 27.02.2012"
Articles and Resources
- M.P. Power Generating Company, "Brief Status", M.P. Power Generating Company website, September 30, 2014.
- "BHEL commissions second unit of Shree Singaji thermal power plant in MP," India Infoline News Service, October 17, 2014
- M.P. Power Generating Company, "2x660 MW Shri Singaji TPP (Stage-II), Near Village Dongalia, Distt. Khandwa M.P", M.P. Power Generating Company website, October 31, 2011, updated Feb 28, 2014
- "PM’s remarks on the occasion of dedication to the nation of Stage 1 of Shree Singaji Thermal Power Plant at Khandwa," March 5, 2015
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, August 2018
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, March 2016
- "L&T-Sargent & Lundy engineered 2x660 MW Shree Singaji," Sargent & Lundy, May 19, 2018
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, October 2018
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Related SourceWatch articles
- Tata Power
- Tata Ultra Mega
- India and nuclear power
- U.S.- India Civil Nuclear Cooperation Initiative
- Global use and production of coal
- Proposed coal plants in India
- Amarjeet Singh, "Costly coal proving Singaji project a white elephant", Times of India, October 18, 2014.