Soma power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Soma power station (also known as Soma B power station) is a 990-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Manisa province, Turkey.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is near Soma, Manisa province.
Background on Plant
The six 165-MW coal-fired units of the plant were completed between 1981 and 1992. Lignite for the plant is supplied by Ege Linyitleri İşletmesi. The plant has been owned by Konya Şeker Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. since 2015.
- Owner: Konya Şeker Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş.
- Parent company: Anadolu Birlik Holding
- Location: Soma, Manisa province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 39.19509, 27.63536 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 990 MW (Units 1-6: 165 MW)
- Start year: 1981-1992
- Type: Subcritical
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source: Domestic
- WRI ID: WRI1018707
- EBC ID: TR-19
Articles and resources
- Soma Termik Santrali, company website, retrieved Jan. 2018.
- "KAPASİTE MEKANİZMASI OCAK AYI FATURAYA ESAS ÖDEME LİSTESİ", TEIAS website, accessed May 2018.