Spectrum Power Generation
Spectrum Power Generation is an Indian power generation company which operates a 208 megawatt gas-fured power station near Komaragiri village in Kakinada, a port city in Andhra Pradesh.
Coal-fired expansion plan morphs into gas project
A February 2009 Ministry of Coal document indicated that Spectrum Power Generation were considering a second coal-based phase at the site of their existing plant. Stage II of the plant, the document stated, could be a 1,320 megawatt plant comprising two 660MW generating units. Coal for the project is indicated as being sought from Mahanadi Coalfields Limited, a Coal India subsidiary. In July 2011 the project was still listed by the Ministry of Coal as a pending application.
A 2010 document by Spectrum Power Generation indicates that the proposed project is now planned to be a 1,350 MW gas-fired project. On its website, Spectrum also refers to the project as being a gas-fired power station.
Spectrum Power Generation Limited
Plot No.231, 8-2-293/82/A/231,
3rd Floor, Road No.36
Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad
Tel: +91-40-23555725 / 26 / 28 / 29
Email: info at spgl.co.in
Resources and articles
Related SourceWatch articles
- Spectrum Power Generation, "About Us", Spectrum Power Generation website, accessed February 2012.
- Ministry of Coal, "List of Thermal Power Plants...", February 23, 2009, page 22.
- Ministry of Coal, "Pending application of SEBs up to 31st July, 2011", Ministry of Coal, August 2011.
- Spectrum Power Generation, "350+ MW Natural Gas based CCPP Bid Enquiry Document for MPE Contract", EQ International, undated but approximately March 2010, page 3.
- Spectrum Power Generation, "Capacity Expansion Considerations- 1350 mw gas based expansion project", Spectrum Power Generation website, accessed February 2012.