Stephen Bing is a real estate heir. He was a major donor to California's Prop 87 in 2006. According to the Los Angeles Times, the approximately $50 million that Bing spent on the failed initiative was "the biggest single personal investment in a ballot proposition in state history."
Bing donates under his name and his entertainment company (Shangri-La Entertainment) also has been a major donor to political causes.
|Proposition 87||2006||$49.5 million|
|Proposition 77||2005||$4.25 million|
|Proposition 10||1998||$1.8 million|
Since 2000, Bing has given $640,172 to the California Democratic Party.
Political candidates to whom Bing has donated include:
- Dick Durbin, Rahm Emmanuel, Al Franken, Hillary Clinton.
Candidate committees Bing has donated to include:
- Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
- Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
An aircraft owned by Stephen Bing, a longtime Democratic donor and fund-raiser, carried Clinton and journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee back to the United States.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- "Stephen Bing's New Endeavor", Los Angeles Times, February 27, 2007.
- Cal-Access record of Bing donations in 2005-2006
- Cal-Access record of Bing donations in 2003-2004
- Open Secrets, Records of donations from Stephen Bing
- Donors to the William J. Clinton Foundation listed by donation range
- "Dow plane played role in Clinton’s N. Korea mission", Detroit Free Press, August 9, 2009, (This is an Associated Press articles).
This page was created with material from Ballotpedia, a project of the Lucy Burns Institute