Stratacomm or Strat@comm is a public relations and lobbying firm that primarily draws its clients from the automobile and transportations industries and, to a lesser extent, the alcohol and beverage and technology industries.
On March 26, 2004, O'Dwyer's PR Daily reported, "Fleishman-Hillard has acquired a majority stake in Strat@comm, making the Omnicom unit the leader in the automotive PA arena. CEO John Graham ... says Strat@comm will operate as an independent entity, and continue to be headed by co-founders Jeff Conley/Ron DeFore and Diane Steed, a former administrator of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. Strat@comm has chalked up more than $5 million in `02 fees from clients, such as Ford Motor, General Motors, DaimlerChrysler, SUV Owners of America, Techniques for Effective Alcohol Management, Nissan North America and Coalition for Vehicle Choice."
Principals in the company are
Clients listed in O'Dwyer's Directory of PR Firms 2003:
- AVL North America
- Adroit Systems, Inc. (DARPA)
- Alberici Constructors
- Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers
- Aluminum Assn.
- American Highway Users Alliance
- American Trauma Society
- Argonne National Laboratory
- Automotive Industry Action Group
- Automotive Retailing Today
- BnF Group
- Car & Driver
- Coalition for Vehicle Choice
- Continental Teves
- Diesel Technology Forum
- Ford Motor Co.
- Galileo International
- General Motors Corp.
- Governors Highway Safety Assn.
- Honeywell International (Garrett)
- International Bottled Water Assn.
- International Safety Equipment Assn.
- Metropolitan Wash. Council of Gov'ts
- National Assn. for Pupil Transportation
- National Assn. of State Directors of Pupil Transportation Svcs.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Network of Employers for Traffic Safety
- Nissan North America
- Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Rolls-Royce North America
- Route 1 Corridor Project
- Siemens Automotove
- SUV Owners of America
- Techniques for Effective Alcohol Mgmt.
- Washington Regional Alcohol Program
- Wine & Spirits Wholesalers of America
- Woodrow Wilson Bridge
For a longer client list, see Stratacomm's client webpage.
One Thomas Circle NW, Tenth Floor
Washington, DC 20005
- Anita Chabria, "Critics call nonprofit tied to Stratacomm 'front group' for carmakers", PR Week, September 6 2004. (Sub req'd).
- "SUV Owners Group Spent $440,000 Lobbying", Associated Press, October 18, 2007.