Symbolism of smoking
Enter documents about the symbolism of smoking:
- 131 Page report from Philip Morris collection containing descriptions of peoples' first recollections of smoking.
- The Social Role of Smoking-Report by tobacco industry consultant Sherwin J. Feinhandler to counteract public health arguments about the "social costs" of smoking.
- The Ladies Will Retire: The Symbolism of Smoking in Victorian England Report/discussion by tobacco industry consultant Sherwin J. Feinhandler, who, on behalf of the industry, sought to determine the positive social value of smoking. August 27, 1977. Bates No. 2010045156/5164
- A Comparative Study of Respiratory Symbolism Grotjahn, Martin. International Journal of Psychoanalysis, 1972. British American Tobacco Bates No. 103259880-103259886
- New Brands 3 Year Plans R.J. Reynolds, undated. Discusses "secondary needs of consumers": social symbolism, virility, status, ritual handling, etc., ... depicted by appropriate advertising." (Primary need is for nicotine impact.) Bates No.500371208/1233. Used in Mangini case.