Tan Phuoc power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Vietnam and coal|
Tân Phước power station is a proposed 2,400-megawatt (MW) coal plant complex in Tiền Giang province, Vietnam.
The map below shows the location of Tân Phước district, Tiền Giang province, where the plant would be built.
The project is listed in Revised Power Development Plant VII for the period 2027-2029. An investor has not yet been identified.
In January 2017 it was reported that the project was assigned to Electricity of Vietnam, which will switch to liquified natural gas (also reported as liquified petroleum gas) in order speed up the project.
- Sponsor: Electricity of Vietnam
- Parent company: Electricity of Vietnam
- Location: Tân Phước, Tiền Giang province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 10.448, 106.709 (approximate)
- Status: No longer a coal plant; will use liquified natural gas (also reported as liquified petroleum gas)
- Gross Capacity: 2,400 MW (4 x 600 MW)
- Projected in service: Phase I: 2007/2008, Phase II: 2008/2009
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- DANH MỤC CÁC DỰ ÁN NGUỒN ĐIỆN VÀO VẬN HÀNH GIAI ĐOẠN 2016 - 2030, Ban hành kèm theo Quyết định số 428/QĐ-TTg ngày 18 tháng 3 năm 2016 của Thủ tướng Chính phủ (LIST OF POWER PROJECT IN OPERATION PERIOD 2016 - 2030, Issued together with Decision No. 428 / QD - TTg of March 18, 2016 by the Prime Minister)
- Quy hoạch điện VII hiệu chỉnh sẽ xem xét tổng thể nhiệt điện than?, Thien Nhien, 23 Jan. 2017.
- "Quy hoạch điện VII hiệu chỉnh sẽ xem xét tổng thể nhiệt điện than?," VOV.VN, 21 January 2017