Than An Giang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Vietnam and coal|
Than An Giang power station is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal plant in An Giang province, Vietnam.
The map below shows the location of An Giang province, the location where the plant would be built.
Appendix II of Vietnam's 2011-20 National Master Plan for Power Development, approved in July 2011, lists a two-unit, 2,000-MW coal-fired power plant in An Giang province, to be constructed by 2029. No other reference to this project is available.
The project is not mentioned in the Revised Power Development Plan VII, and it appears to have been abandoned.
- Sponsor: TBD
- Parent company:
- Location: An Giang province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 10.46785, 105.18997 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross Capacity: 2,000 MW
- Projected in service: 2029
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Quyết định phê duyệt Quy hoạch phát triển điện lực quốc gia giai đoạn 2011 - 2020 có xét đến năm 2030 (Approval of the National Master Plan for Power Development for the 2011-2020 Period with Vision to 2030), Prime Minister of Vietnam, Statement No. 1208/QD-TTg, July 21, 2011, Appendix II, p. 3.
- DANH MỤC CÁC DỰ ÁN NGUỒN ĐIỆN VÀO VẬN HÀNH GIAI ĐOẠN 2016 - 2030, Ban hành kèm theo Quyết định số 428/QĐ-TTg ngày 18 tháng 3 năm 2016 của Thủ tướng Chính phủ (LIST OF POWER PROJECT IN OPERATION PERIOD 2016 - 2030, Issued together with Decision No. 428 / QD - TTg of March 18, 2016 by the Prime Minister)