The Bush-Bush Cabal is the tag team of brothers President George W. Bush in the White House and Governor Jeb Bush in Florida. As in many a close relationship, one hand scratches the other's back.
- "The Bush administration approved a sweeping Medicaid plan for Florida on Wednesday that limits spending for many of the 2.2 million beneficiaries there and gives private health plans new freedom to limit benefits.
- "The Florida program, likely to be a model for many other states, shifts from the traditional Medicaid 'defined benefit' plan to a 'defined contribution' plan, under which the state sets a ceiling on spending for each recipient.
- "Children under the age of 21 and pregnant women will be exempt from the limits.
- "The Florida plan says, 'The state will set aside a specific amount of money for each person enrolled in Medicaid,' based on the person's medical condition and historic use of health care.
- "Michael O. Leavitt, secretary of health and human services, approved the proposal 16 days after it was formally submitted to him, with strong support from Gov. Jeb Bush."