The McGraw-Hill Companies
The McGraw-Hill Companies is a textbook publisher based in New York City and according to Hoovers is "one of the world's largest producers of textbooks, tests, and related materials, serving the elementary, secondary, and higher education markets. McGraw-Hill is a leading supplier of financial and business information services, providing indexes and ratings for both domestic and overseas markets through Standard & Poor's. In addition, it publishes BusinessWeek magazine, as well as trade journals and other industry content (Aviation Week, McGraw-Hill Construction). The firm also creates professional training and development materials, and operates nine TV stations (four ABC affiliates and five Azteca America affiliates)."
Top competitors are Houghton Mifflin, Moody's, and Pearson. 
The company spent $1,320,000 for lobbying in 2007. $80,000 went to outside lobbying firms with the remainder being spent using in-house lobbyists. 
- Harold McGraw, III, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Robert J. Bahash, Chief Financial Officer
- Peter C. Davis, Executive Vice President, Global Strategy
- Bruce D. Marcus, Chief Information Officer
- David L. Murphy, Executive Vice President, Human Resources
- David B. Stafford, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs
- Kenneth M. Vittor, Executive Vice President and General Counsel
- Deven Sharma, President Standard & Poor's
- Henry Hirschberg, President McGraw-Hill Education
- Glenn S. Goldberg, President Information & Media
Board of Directors: 
- Pedro Aspe
- Winfried Bischoff
- Douglas N. Daft
- Linda Koch Lorimer
- Harold McGraw, III
- Robert P. McGraw
- Hilda Ochoa-Brillembourg
- James H. Ross
- Michael Rake
- Edward B. Rust, Jr.
- Kurt L. Schmoke
- Sidney Taurel
- Harold W. McGraw, Jr.
1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020-1095
Other SourceWatch resources
- ↑ McGraw-Hill Companies Profile, Hoovers, accessed June 2008.
- ↑ McGraw-Hill lobbying expenses, Open Secrets, accessed June 2008.
- ↑ Executives, McGraw-Hill, accessed June 2008.
- ↑ Directors, McGraw-Hill, accessed June 2008.